Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mmmmenswear

I've never really taken an interest in menswear... until now. It's not just the male models (who are gorgeous, may i add) but the designs too. I never really thought there was much versatility in menswear, nothing that could be as exceptionally creative and unique as womens wear. I was completely wrong! I love menswear, and I love to add some pieces to a feminine outfit for women. So here's my take on some of my favourite Fall 2008 Menswear collections.

Etro
I really do love this. It's so quirky and retro! The exquisite plaids are perfect for fall. I'm really digging the patterned pants and bow ties. It's such a fun colour palette too! The bright yellow and the maroon velvet blazers are to die for.

Alexander McQueen
This is probably one of my favourite looks: the foreign sophisticate. Perfect suits are paired with classy cardigans, (dare I say) snazzy boots and casual shoulder bags. The Mexican-inspired ponchos and hats are the spice of the collection! Exotic prints and gorgeous furs make me want to jump right on the runway!

Roberto Cavalli
Updated classics make me want to empty my bank account. I can almost feel the refined textures of furs, velvets and leathers right now. Again, the gorgeous leopard prints would look exquisite on any fashionable man. I still can't get over the great velvet midnight blue suit.

Dsquared
How slick! Dress a man in this and I'm there! I'm not too fond of the camo pieces, but the rest is brill. Neon colours and fab bleaches are perfect for fall. A perfect combination of masculine leathers, vintage denims and rad wools. The crisp patterns are great.


No comments: