Saturday, November 22, 2008

A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insights

A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insights
Hey kids,
I went shopping yesterday with C and stumbled upon Maybelline XXL Curl Power and XXL Volume+Length mascara. You know, the one with the white end and the black one? Well they were two for one ($7 per pack of two), so we bought both and split them up. I don't usually wear mascara (on account of my lucky long black lashes) but I thought I'd try it out. I would have put pictures up but my other camera works like shit. There was no focus whatsoever so I didn't bother. Anyways here's my review.

Curl Power: It had a funny shaped brush and really didn't apply at all. I had to use the end of the brush to actually get it on my
lashes, so it just defeated the purpose of the curved brush.
V+L: Again, it didn't apply well. It just clumped and went all spidery.
Verdict: This mascara is messy, hard to apply and makes your lashes thick and clumpy. The only good thing is that it doesn't flake. I wouldn't buy this again.

(P.S. It doesn't look like that. At all)

(Maybelline, $10 each)

No comments: